Friday 8 April 2016

Model Diaries No.1 - Madelaine Close


Madelaine, or Maddie, Close is a 17 year old model from London. Maddie is signed to Established Models and has been modelling for almost 2 years.



Q: What’s the biggest social challenge you have come across since becoming a model?

A: The biggest challenge is probably the miss conception that Models do not eat.  I eat and boy do I enjoy what I eat! 


Q: How do you think the modelling industry & societies view on models has changed over the years? 

A: I think Models were once perceived as being stupid (Zoolander) but now with Models like Karlie Kloss who's hobby is coding the perception has changed.  Luckily my agency, Established, always say School comes first and have been very supportive about that for which I'm very grateful.


Q: Within your modelling career, whats been your biggest accomplishment?

A: Well as I've only just turned 17 and still at school I'm not full time so that restricts my modelling work however, so far it's probably an editorial I did for HopeSt magazine that was themed "Dada" or another editorial I did for Dreamingless magazine.


Q: What do you feel are the main differences are between the female and male modelling industries?

A: My experience of the male modelling industry is very limited as I am a new face but I do think male modelling has more diversity from what I've seen.  They seem to be more flexible with piercings, tattoos, body shapes and height.


Q: How does your modelling career differ from your previous career?

A: I have no previous career as I'm at school but for my future career I'd love to be involved in the fashion industry so modelling has helped me experience and live in that part of the industry.


Q: What do you think the future of advertising & modelling will entail?


A: Well I think that the use of social media in general to promote brands is going to be the way forward and brands are going to look to advertise their products in that way.   For example like Burberry and their recent snapchat campaign.


Instagram - @maddi.a.c